Thursday 11 November 2010

Weekly to-the-death Duels

My novel started with one, and I figure, it will end with one if I get to the ending. I'm currently just past the 23k mark, which is like wow because I've never been more than 1.5k ahead on Nano in previous years (and only or like two days before I got lazy), so now I'm waiting for my coursework to be set and my nice cushy buffer to disintegrate under the pressure. :S

But progress s going well. My MC, Will descovered time-travel a couple nights ago, has followed himself to the duel that started the story, thinking he's either completely wasted or been cursed by witchcraft, and is now sat in a London pub having a pint with a conspiracy theorist in 2006. His sister will kick his arse tomorrow, though, when she finds out he's still travelling, tut-tut. Getting excited though, lots of fun and explosions and stuff, not to mention a romance (O.o) to write.

. . . 50,000 words is seriously too short for a novel. I think I either pad too much or my characters like long-winded-ness.

So this is my day 10 update, I'll keep it short and sweet because I still haven't written anything today.

No comments:

Post a Comment