Monday 1 November 2010

NaNoWriMo Kickoff Rant!

Woot, so yeah, I know this blog was intended for poetry and musings and stuff, but novelling is my better area, I feel. I've been debating what to do this year for weeks; the previous two years I've done Nano, I've worked on the same story, and now that story is at a point where it need's a serious going over rather than a slap-dash speed-writeup, it's off the cards for this year. I've also been working on a short story, but I intend that one only to be about 20/25k long, which still leaves me half a Nano. So I decided to throw in an old children's story to rewrite.

However, I have this character called Will, who I use in this wonderfully awesome idea called a Character Chatroom on the site www.teenagewriters.com and he's from a story I started in 2008 but never really did much with as I had too many different ideas for it and I wasn't able to research it properly. Buuuuut, I've been getting to know him through these chatrooms and now he's been coming up with his own background and character and all sorts (including a four-day argument with his brother in my head >.>) so, I thought, with some help, I could write his story instead of the children's rewrite . . . However, my novel of the last two years has also been getting back in my head and the characters begging me to write . . .

[Fully aware I sound insane right now]

So figuring this out's been hard, but I'm stuck on the short and Will's story now (though Will's story seems to have turned into a prequel to the actual story I vaguely started two years ago) and my other novel's being forced to shut up and sulk.

Ahem, soooooooooooooooo. Rant over, I'm so glad nobody reads this blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment