Monday 14 February 2011

#5) Invisibility

Sometimes I feel like a ghost
when I wander around my house.
I think the walls are too thin
and the eyes that stare from photographs,
too false,
like the days we lived then
were fairytales etched on a shoreline,
then folded away into the sand
where only the clouds that blur
with the horizon’s millimetre of clarity
can get a close enough look
to see the fractures,
to see the age on the Tru-prints.

Rings on the coffee-table,
game-shows on telly, buzzing through the ceiling,
plates stacked in the sink, and the constant
banging
of the front door
remind me that people still live
here. Sometimes
I make some noise
when nobody’s home.
I sing out-loud, out-of-tune,
and I am louder than I remember.

I’m a ghost in my house,
seeing the misconnections where loops
carried through a chapter,
skipping lines.
I sometimes watch the rain,
and sometimes I repeat days, over and over
and over
again.

On a Tuesday I change the photographs
to dustier versions of memories
and allow the sunlight to bleach the colours,
so that like me,
we all become ghosts,
background noise that nobody hears.


/yukIsuck

4 comments:

  1. [...] Rainy fairy lights: http://rainingfairylights.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/invisibility/ [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful words here! Liked a much how they have been woven together..

    May I please invite you to join us for Thursday Poets Rally week 38, where all of your entries are to be fully represented after the collection is over. Link one of your poems via the link below and enjoy encouragements from fellow poets.

    http://thursdaypoetsrallypoetry.blogspot.com/

    Sending you loads of wishes-
    from officials at Thursday Poets Rally community
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. a ghost who does blog post?

    what a fun thought on yourself...

    love your talent in word painting the imagery,
    divine flow.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. memoirs of a lonely heart - written with perfect expertise.

    visiting you from Jingle’s blog,
    http://thursdaypoetsrallypoetry.wordpress.com/
    Happy Rally!

    trisha

    ReplyDelete